Running Thoughts

Daily thoughts that may inspire or kick start something new.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Books

What are you reading these days? I find that I have become to busy that I forgot to take the time to refresh my mind. I love reading and I have read some great books. I don't read complicated books although I am impressed with those who do. I just read books that inspire me. I mostly read books that influence my ministry. The only non-ministry books I have read where "Harry Potter." OK so I do read children books with my kids, but . . . .


I really like Max Lucado, Phil Yancey, Mike Yaconelli and more. Lately I read more articles in magazines and blogs on the net.

I would like to get back into reading and the first thing I will do is finish the book I start a year ago by Rob Bell, "Velvet Elvis." It is a good read.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike McMillan said...

Yah, My reading binge has slowly stopped, but the books that i read that were not just school were books like God's smuggler by Brother Andrew, Leadership Salvation Army, Healing by smith Wigglesworth this one was amazing, it was very challenging in the way i view sickness, and the power that is with in Christ.. theres a few others that i had to read for school.. but these have been challengeing

5:59 PM  
Blogger Colin Monty said...

Hey thanks Mike those are good books. I found I read more when I was in school.
How is your coffee shop coming?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Mike McMillan said...

Hey, I since the school won't let me switch so far into the year, so i am going to finish with the youth group iam in, just so iam not doin a million and one things.. but during the summer i will start experimenting and such..

6:16 PM  
Blogger Rob Petkau said...

I just heard a recording of Leonard Sweet speak. He exegetes a Starbucks cup. I might pick up one of his books next.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Colin Monty said...

Oh Leonard Sweet interesting guy.
Mike I look forward to your coffee shop

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home