Running Thoughts

Daily thoughts that may inspire or kick start something new.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Don't take it for granted


This past weekend was remembrance Day here in Canada. The family and I went to the Cenotaph to pay our respects. I most definitely want my children to know that we have freedom because of men and women who are willing to die for our country. We have people who are helping other people in this world achieve that same freedom. So as long as I am able we will do our part and remember those who have died for us. I feel so blessed that we can live in a country like Canada. We may complain about this and that but the truth is we can complain because we have freedom which is a luxury for most people. We are also blessed to have Great Grandpa Chuck who did a lot of the TV reels during World War II and so our children will always see what took place. So I am thankful and blessed and will always remember.

3 Comments:

Blogger MC said...

God Keep Our Land!!!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent the weekend a couple of weeks ago watching 12 hours of Band of Brothers with some friends. Worth watching. World War II from landing on the beach to capturing the Eagles Nest. Gave me a whole new appreciation for what these guys and gals went through to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. Something to be increasingly remembered as we move into the future.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a test

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home